Monday 16 May 2011

Swiss Chard with Rosemary

Hi everyone!
I've had a bad week with headaches and feeling crappy - I'm blaming it on the weather... But feeling okay now and I've got a recipe for you! I had never tried swiss chard until last week. Not sure how I made it through 29 years without tasting this yummy veg but I'm totally hooked! Swiss chard everything!!! Bulk up your salads with raw chard, use the leaves in place of wheat wraps, saute it up - lots of possibilities! Delish and packed with goodness!

 

This recipe uses raisins, pine nuts, and my fav - rosemary! I served it over brown basmati rice which complements the pine nuts nicely. The kids didn't mind it either!!! Wooo! As long as the rosemary is subtle, they don't mind it. I could go for more though... One thing I love about the recipe is how quickly its done! If you have leftover rice cooked in the fridge, it comes together in just a few minutes once you've got the chard cleaned and prepped.


Swiss Chard with Rosemary

1 bunch swiss chard, washed, centers trimmed off and cut/broken into bite size pieces
3 tbsp unflavoured coconut oil (or 3 tbsp butter, if you can tolerate it - it adds better flavour! plus 1 tbsp olive oil)
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/3 c raisins
2 tbsp pine nuts
salt and pepper, to taste

Heat oil in pan over med-high heat.
Add chard and rosemary, stirring to coat with oil. Cook 1 minute, stirring.
Add in raisins and pine nuts and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated (about 2-3 mins.)
Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately, over rice if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment